Securely connects you to portions of your medical record:
Online second opinions from top specialists:
Securely request a copy of your Images Studies from our Images Library:
Enter the first letters of a doctor's last name.
Use filters to find the right specialist.
Use filters to find a doctor in a particular department.
Use filters to find any doctor at a particular facility.
Use filters to find a family doctor, internist or pediatrician.
Use filters to find a primary care pediatrician or pediatric specialist.
Print a directory listing of all physicians for each institute.
Date: Nov 10, 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Hospital: Cleveland Clinic Main Campus & Family Health Centers
Facility: CLEVELAND CLINIC FOUNDATION (MAIN CAMPUS)
Professional Area: Advanced Practice
Department: Center for Behavioral Health
Job Code: T31165
Pay Grade: 17
Schedule: Full Time
- National Certification as Nurse Practitioner
Center for Behavioral Health
Cleveland Clinic's solid organ transplant program has a unique opportunity for an APN experienced in psychiatry to work in collaboration with a psychiatrist recognized nationally for their work in Transplant Psychiatry. Psychiatry is an essential component of the broad medical and surgical strategy to manage all patients with solid organ disease with the most appropriate therapy and care. The APNs role as a member or an expert interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary team would be to participate in the evaluation, management, treatment and follow-up of transplant patients throughout their continuum of healthcare. This allows the unique opportunity to work in both the outpatient and inpatient healthcare environments.
The Cleveland Clinic is ranked top 4 in the nation’s overall best hospitals with transplant programs as members of the Ohio Solid Organ Transplant Consortium (OSOTC) and the United Network For Organ Sharing (UNOS) this includes full approval for live donor transplants. If you love working in an academic atmosphere and are a self-starting, problem solver person who can work independently, but can also enjoy working closely with residents and attending physicians and have psychiatric patient care experience you are encouraged to apply. Psychiatric Mental Health Certified NP Preferred.
Summary:Nationally certified licensed healthcare provider who provides primary and/or specialty nursing and/or medical care in a variety of healthcare settings. Functions in collaboration with a physician according to a standard care arrangement and specialty certification. Practice emphasizes health promotion, disease prevention and the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic health problems.
Certifications may include: acute care, adult, family, gerontology, psych and mental health, neonatology, pediatrics and women's health.
* Assess health status by obtaining relevant health and medical history.
* Performs a physical exam based upon the age and patient history as per the Standard Care Arrangement with a collaborating physician.
* Identifies significant health and medical risk factors.
* Orders, interprets and evaluates laboratory test and other diagnostic studies to assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
* Develops a diagnosis by analyzing and synthesizing collected data.
* In collaboration with the physician, develops a treatment plan along with the patient and significant others.
* Performs diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification, law and Cleveland Clinic privileges.
* May prescribe and monitor medications as allowed by prescriptive authority through Ohio Board of Nursing and CCF policy.
* Develops patient education plan.
* Participates in medical team rounds; collaborates with nursing, medical and other healthcare team members regularly to ensure quality patient care.
* May perform admission history & physical, document progress notes, prepare discharge summaries as required.
* Assists with and facilitates discharge planning.
* Other duties as assigned.
Master's or Doctoral degree in Nursing preferred.
Two years clinical nursing experience preferred.
Licensed as RN in State of Ohio, national certification as nurse practitioner by nationally accredited organization, current certificate of authority by Ohio Board of Nursing, certificate to prescribe preferred. BLS Healthcare Provider; ACLS or PALS may be required based upon work setting.