Securely connects you to portions of your medical record:
Online second opinions from top specialists:
Securely request a copy of your Images Studies from our Images Library:
Enter the first letters of a doctor's last name.
Use filters to find the right specialist.
Use filters to find a doctor in a particular department.
Use filters to find any doctor at a particular facility.
Use filters to find a family doctor, internist or pediatrician.
Use filters to find a primary care pediatrician or pediatric specialist.
Print a directory listing of all physicians for each institute.
Date: Feb 22, 2014
Location: Cleveland, OH
Hospital: Main Campus Exempt
Facility: Cleveland Clinic Main Campus
Professional Area: Advanced Practice
Department: Neuro Institute Administrative
Job Code: T31165
Pay Grade: 17
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Days + Call
The Cleveland Clinic's Neurological Institute has an exciting career opportunity in Norwalk, Ohio available for a Physician Assistant or Adult Nurse Practitioner in our Spine Program. This position involves a mix of both inpatient and outpatient responsibilities treating adult spine patients. Essential duties include: hospital rounding and consults, along with office patients. The successful applicant will work closely with our surgeons to develop pre and post-operative instructions for the patient. This position also involves some administrative work with surgery scheduling.
Join our team focused on treating the most complex medical and surgical conditions and providing patients with the latest and most innovative care options. If you are an energetic person with excellent clinical care skills, surgical and outpatient experience, you are strongly encouraged to apply. New graduates are welcome to apply.
Nationally certified licensed healthcare provider who provides primary and/or specialty nursing and/or medical care in a variety of healthcare settings. Functions in collaboration with a physician according to a standard care arrangement and specialty certification. Practice emphasizes health promotion, disease prevention and the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic health problems.
Certifications may include: acute care, adult, family, gerontology, psych and mental health, neonatology, pediatrics and women's health.
* Assess health status by obtaining relevant health and medical history.
* Performs a physical exam based upon the age and patient history as per the Standard Care Arrangement with a collaborating physician.
* Identifies significant health and medical risk factors.
* Orders, interprets and evaluates laboratory test and other diagnostic studies to assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
* Develops a diagnosis by analyzing and synthesizing collected data.
* In collaboration with the physician, develops a treatment plan along with the patient and significant others.
* Performs diagnostic or therapeutic interventions consistent with certification, law and Cleveland Clinic privileges.
* May prescribe and monitor medications as allowed by prescriptive authority through Ohio Board of Nursing and CCF policy.
* Develops patient education plan.
* Participates in medical team rounds; collaborates with nursing, medical and other healthcare team members regularly to ensure quality patient care.
* May perform admission history & physical, document progress notes, prepare discharge summaries as required.
* Assists with and facilitates discharge planning.
* Other duties as assigned.
Master's or Doctoral degree in Nursing preferred.
Two years clinical nursing experience preferred.
Licensed as RN in State of Ohio, national certification as nurse practitioner by nationally accredited organization, current certificate of authority by Ohio Board of Nursing, certificate to prescribe preferred. BLS Healthcare Provider; ACLS or PALS may be required based upon work setting.