Securely connects you to portions of your medical record:
Online second opinions from top specialists:
Securely request a copy of your Images Studies from our Images Library:
Enter the first letters of a doctor's last name.
Use filters to find the right specialist.
Use filters to find a doctor in a particular department.
Use filters to find any doctor at a particular facility.
Use filters to find a family doctor, internist or pediatrician.
Use filters to find a primary care pediatrician or pediatric specialist.
Print a directory listing of all physicians for each institute.
Date: Apr 19, 2014
Location: Weston, FL
Hospital: Florida Hospital Non-Exempt
Facility: CLEVELAND CLINIC FLORIDA
Department: Nursing Administration
Job Code: 000186
Pay Grade: 6
Shift: 12-Hour Shifts
The Patient Care Technician is an associate that performs duties to help promote comfort and provide assistance to the nursing staff. The member is directly responsible for the completion of delegated duties and responsibilities as a part of the patient care team. The Patient Care Technician transports patients by wheelchair, bed or stretcher to and from the department and nursing units under the direct supervision of an RN. The member would perform the functions of a certified Nurse Assistant to help promote patient comfort for all classification of patients including adolescents; young adults; middle adults; and the elderly. Provides assistance to nursing staff as well as performing EKG and phlebotomy responsibilities as directed.
A. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
High School Diploma or equivalent; Florida Certified Nursing Assistant required; Current BLS certification required.
B. Required Length and Type of Experience
Minimum: 1-year experience in a hospital setting. Strong follow-through and understanding of the principles of universal precautions; knowledge and demonstration service behaviors to promote a positive patient experience.
C. Required Licensure, Certification or Registry
High School Diploma or equivalent; C.N.A. required; Current BLS certification required.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Attends to patient and family’s immediate needs and problems by acknowledging and providing required attention.
2. Assists the patient with activities of daily living, including dressing, bathing, and hygiene needs.
3. Carries out nursing orders according to established policies and procedures.
4. Reports all pertinent information regarding patient's condition to the appropriate nursing staff.
5. Assists in providing patients with nutritional needs as per physician order; assists patients with tray set-up and feeding as needed.
6. Makes follow up phone calls to patients as directed by RN.
7. Takes report from off-going shift using report sheet; performs walking rounds.
8. Helps maintain orderliness and appearance of the unit; keeps work area clean and tidy at all times.
9. Organizes and prioritizes workload. Establish priorities by determining order of importance of task to be performed.
10. Completes work assignments within agreed upon time frame. Follows up with person who delegated the work assignment.
11. Uses available resources, both personal and equipment when needed.
12. Shows initiative to, identify and perform tasks that require completion.
13. Is attentive when giving direction and follows through work with minimum guidance and supervision.
14. Demonstrates interest in promoting teamwork to accomplish goal by working together cooperatively with other team members.
15. Restocks necessary supplies on a daily basis and as needed.
16. Transports patients on stretchers and beds with side rails up on both sides to ensure patient safety.
17. Locks wheels of wheelchairs, beds and stretchers when transferring patients to and from.
18. Follows the appropriate channels of communication and chain of command as appropriate.
19. Documents care provided on the medical record as appropriate.
20. Interacts with the Food and Nutrition Services to maintain an adequate supply of nourishment for the patients.
21. Interacts with the Environmental Department to insure an adequate supply of clean linen or daily patient care.
22. Orders supplies from Central Supply to keep the par levels with an acceptable range. Picks up supplies from Central Supply as needed.
23. Provides patients with hygiene, nutritional needs, ambulation, toileting, and linen changes.
24. Provides patients with respect, dignity, and privacy at all times.
25. Collects and transports specimens as directed and in accordance with hospital policy.
26. Provides RN/LPN with accurate and timely intake/output data, vital signs, blood glucose results and other data as assigned. Notes changes from prior measurement and communicates accordingly.
27. Responds to call lights within a maximum of FIVE minutes or communicates inability to do so to assure the response target is met.
28. Reports patient needs to RN/LPN immediately. If primary nurse is not available the PCT makes the Clinical Shift Manager or Relief Charge Nurse aware.
29. Demonstrates the ability to obtain vital signs and reports results to RN/LPN in a timely manner. Notes changes from prior measurement and communicates accordingly.
30. Treats all customers including other members of the healthcare team with courtesy and respect.
31. Assists in the removal of equipment (I.e. IV pumps, commodes, PAS) in preparation for room cleaning.
Healthcare , Nursing , Patient Care , Medical , Operations , Supply , Cardiac , Medical Technologist , EKG , Phlebotomy , Nutrition , Nursing Assistant , CNA , Patient Care Technician , Clinical , Nursing Support/Patient Services-j2w