Securely connects you to portions of your medical record:
Online second opinions from top specialists:
Securely request a copy of your Images Studies from our Images Library:
Enter the first letters of a doctor's last name.
Use filters to find the right specialist.
Use filters to find a doctor in a particular department.
Use filters to find any doctor at a particular facility.
Use filters to find a family doctor, internist or pediatrician.
Use filters to find a primary care pediatrician or pediatric specialist.
Print a directory listing of all physicians for each institute.
Date: Jul 14, 2014
Location: Abu Dhabi
Facility: Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Department: Respiratory Therapy
This position is responsible for providing respiratory care to patients of all ages utilizing accepted procedures and techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities :
* Performs patient assessment and routine respiratory care procedures
* Interprets diagnostic information and clinical laboratory data and administers appropriate and effective therapy as indicated
* Utilizes and applies technical specifications and applications of respiratory therapy equipment and modalities
* Evaluates patient’s oxygenation and ventilatory status through the interpretation of laboratory data and establishes and maintains appropriate ventilatory parameters
* Transports patients safely that require airway management and/or mechanical ventilation
* Communicates regularly with respiratory care practitioners, nurses, physicians and other members of the health care team to foster continuity of care
* Performs charting and documentation that is complete and accurate
* Communicates changes in patient care or status to the appropriate physician and/or nursing staff member
* Changes equipment per department policy
* Performs invasive respiratory therapy procedures
* Maintains current knowledge of respiratory care practice
* Maintains mandatory current life support certifications such as ACLS, NRP, BLS and PALS where applicable
* If working in Emergency Room, may perform the following: vital signs, 12 lead ECG, skin and wound care, assists with orthopedic and suture procedures, peripheral phlebotomy, IV insertion for saline lock, foley insertion and point-of-care testing
* Minimum of two (2) years experience as a respiratory therapist is required
* Knowledge and understanding of technical specifications and applications of respiratory equipment and modalities
* Demonstrates ability and willingness to function in multiple clinical areas
* Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
* Ability to interpret clinical data for the establishment and implementation of appropriate patient treatment
* Ability to effectively interact with patients and other health care team personnel in a courteous and professional manner
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to speak and write in English is required
*Ability to speak and write in both English and Arabic is preferred
* A Bachelor’s degree in Respiratory Therapy from an accredited program required
* Minimum of 2 years experience as a respiratory therapist* Current national license is required
* Current BLS certification is required
* Current ACLS or PALS certification is required
* Master’s degree in a relevant clinical field is preferred (will reduce one (1) year from the required years of experience)
* Current CPR is preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Typical physical demands include: a high degree of manual dexterity to sufficiently perform computer functions on a keyboard, produce materials on a PC and operate basic office equipment, normal or corrected vision and hearing, extensive sitting, standing and/or walking, mobility sufficient to visit with departments or employees throughout CCAD and lift up to 30 lbs.
Organization Wide Competency Assessment Requirements:
All employees will embrace the CCAD mission, vision and values and be responsible for adhering to the core values of the institution, including: Patient’s First, Collaboration, Mutual Respect, Quality, Patient Safety, Integrity, Cultural Sensitivity and Compassion.All employees are also expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organization-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position.Customer Service Orientation includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner. Adaptability including teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback. Efficiency and Effectiveness includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully. Essential Job Requirements includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures and guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills. Managerial Responsibilities includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements and budgetary constraints.
The responsibilities described on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required of employees in the position.
Final determination of a candidate’s qualifications and eligibility to perform the job is at the sole discretion and judgment of the institute/department executive leadership.
Healthcare , Patient Care , International , Operations , Facilities , Laboratory , Science , Medical Technologist , Orthopedic , EKG , Phlebotomy , Wound Care , Emergency Medicine , Respiratory , Therapy , internaljobs