Securely connects you to portions of your medical record:
Online second opinions from top specialists:
Securely request a copy of your Images Studies from our Images Library:
Enter the first letters of a doctor's last name.
Use filters to find the right specialist.
Use filters to find a doctor in a particular department.
Use filters to find any doctor at a particular facility.
Use filters to find a family doctor, internist or pediatrician.
Use filters to find a primary care pediatrician or pediatric specialist.
Print a directory listing of all physicians for each institute.
Date: Apr 12, 2014
Location: Weston, FL
Hospital: Florida Weston Exempt
Facility: Weston Family Health Center
Professional Area: Advanced Practice
Department: Gynecology Surgery
Job Code: Q0738F
Pay Grade: 22
Schedule: Full Time
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- Certified Physician Assistant (PA-C)
- 1 year clinical experience preferred
Under the supervision of a licensed physician, evaluates the health status of selected patients, orders treatment plans, and provides education to patients and their families. Performs clinical evaluations and reviews diagnostic studies of patients under the supervision of a licensed physician. Involved in the care of patient in the pre-, intra- and post operative surgical phases. Assists physician during surgery as needed.
A. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Graduates of an accredited Physician Assistant Program, Bachelor of Science preferred
2. Knowledge of infection control practices
3. Is cognizant of the physical and general characteristics of the various age related groups.
B. Required Length and Type of Experience
1. One (1) year clinical experience preferred
C. Required Licensure, Certification or Registry
1. Current Florida Registered Physician Assistant License
2. Current BLS Certification
3. Current National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assesses patient condition and needs, taking into consideration growth and developmental level of the Patient and age related factors such as physiological, sensory, tactile, auditory, visual, body image perception and emotional changes. Utilizes a thorough systematic process and appropriate skills in Documenting patients’ history and pertinent clinical information, as evidenced by documentation in patients’ medical record.
2. Demonstrates good judgment and acceptable medical practice as based upon patient/family needs identified during patient visit. Needs include physical, spiritual, psychosocial and educational.
3. Implements patient care by continuously practicing within the guidelines of clinic policies and procedures as evidenced by accuracy in written documentation.
4. Evaluates patient care outcomes to see results of progress and collaborates with team members in evaluating and recommending other courses of action.
5. Utilizes opportunity for health teaching of patient/significant other by utilizing the appropriate teaching methods, encouraging use of available resources, through appropriate teaching methods related to age specific factors.
6. Establishes priorities, assesses workload and determines order of importance on a consistent basis, as demonstrated by minimal guidance required.
7. Acts as a resource person to manage and utilize personnel in an effective and appropriate manner to complete tasks assigned with the time frame.
8. Participates in the orientation of new employees in a positive manner, to share knowledge, experience and provide guidance.
9. Participates in the development of patient education materials (i.e.: handouts, pamphlets).
10. Makes rounds in the hospital setting and collaborates with the physician and assists with writing order, scheduling tests, assisting with procedures.
11. Follows up on physician’s reports and/or recommendations with patient and/or family.
12. Administers or assists the physician with special treatments and procedures as required.
13. Develops and initiates research protocols in association with the physician.
14. Acts as a liaison for the patient who is participating in a research study. Organizes and records study data. Participates in the presentation of clinical findings.
15. Participates in patient care conferences, grand rounds, and/or other educational programs.
16. Documents a complete medical history as outlined by the supervising physician.
17. Performs general physical exams accurately, as directed by the supervising physician.
18. Orders, reviews, and reports recent lab work and diagnostic reports to the physician.
PREOPERATIVE: (if applicable)
19. Performs preoperative patient assessment
20. Performs preoperative teaching for patient and family
21. Assists in scheduling of surgical procedures and work-ups as outlined by the supervising physician
22. Acts as liaison between surgical and medical staff, consulting services, other hospital departments and the patient and family.
INTRAOPERATIVE: (if applicable)
23. Assures proper positioning and prepping of the patient
24. Assures aseptic technique throughout surgical procedure
25. Functions as first or second assist during surgical procedure.
26. Transports patient to recovery area and communicates individual patient needs as appropriate.
POSTOPERATIVE: (if applicable)
27. Assists surgeon in post-op management of patients.
28. Regularly reviews patient’s medical progress postoperatively and notes evaluation. Also communicates any deviation from normal clinical progress to appropriate attending physician for evaluation.
29. Writes verbal orders and daily progress notes in a clear, concise, logical order as outlined by supervising physician.
30. Performs any other duties as assigned.