Securely connects you to portions of your medical record:
Online second opinions from top specialists:
Securely request a copy of your Images Studies from our Images Library:
Enter the first letters of a doctor's last name.
Use filters to find the right specialist.
Use filters to find a doctor in a particular department.
Use filters to find any doctor at a particular facility.
Use filters to find a family doctor, internist or pediatrician.
Use filters to find a primary care pediatrician or pediatric specialist.
Print a directory listing of all physicians for each institute.
Date: Nov 20, 2013
Location: Cleveland, OH
Hospital: Cleveland Clinic Main Campus & Family Health Centers
Facility: CLEVELAND CLINIC FOUNDATION (MAIN CAMPUS)
Professional Area: Advanced Practice
Department: Critical Care Transport Admin
Job Code: T33184
Pay Grade: 18
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day/Night Rotation
The Department of Critical Care Transport is currently seeking an Experienced Acute Care Nurse Practitioner for a APN Manager position.
Prior clinical experience in Critical Care Transport environment strongly preferred.
Responsible for the management of the Advanced Practice Nurse/Physician Assistant practice within the institute. Provides liaison functions between Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant, staff physicians, administration, other departments and external groups. Communicates and collaborates with the Directors of APN/PA services for updates in Midlevel guidelines and policies. Attends inservices provided by Directors of APN/PA services as required. Clinical supervision and annual review of the Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants will be done by the supervising/collaborating physicians and the APN/PA manager, with input from the Institute Administrator.
1. Assists in the selection and evaluation of Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants in the Institute. Trains all new Nurse Practitioners and physician Assistants on clinical protocols and procedures. Defines job expectations and monitors productivity. Develops and implements competencies for Nurse practitioners/Physician Assistants (with assistance from the APN/PA Directors). Responsible for scheduling and assignment of Nurse practitioners/Physician Assistants to maintain appropriate staffing and coverage.
2. Develops and implements process improvement initiatives and procedures for the Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant group. Organizes and provides inservice education for Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants. Coordinates (through the PA/APN Director's offices) and provides clinical education to Student Practitioners from affiliated entities. Develops and implements competencies for Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants in accordance with the APN/PA council's competency guidelines as well as Institute specific guidelines.
3. Participates in development and implementation of Institute quality improvement initiatives. Works in conjunction with physician staff to recommend, evaluate and procure new technology and supplies for the Institute. Organizes product evaluation activities of the Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants.
4. Develops and administers Institute policies and procedures. Assures compliance with practice standards for the safe delivery of care. Monitors and assures effective and safe implementation of clinical protocols. Responsible for assuring that compliance policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to.
5. Assures Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants are compliant with licensure, certification requirements and supervision agreements. Reports all requirements to APN/PA Directors as required. Assures Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants are compliance with JCAHO standards including OSHA. Ensures compliance with quality monitoring reports as required.
6. Represents the Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant at Institute staff meetings. Interacts with external organizations and vendors, etc. representing Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants for their institute.
7. Perform the duties of a clinical Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant. Other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an A.R.C.-approved Physician Assistant Program. Master's degree in Physician Assistant Studies and/or state licensure through the State Medical Board for certificate to practice.
Experience: Minimum three years experience working as a nurse practitioner/physician assistant. Must have management/leadership experience with demonstrated competency of clinical skills and techniques.
APN: must be a Registered Nurse with current licensure by the applicable state Board of Nursing; must be certified by a Certification Board recognized by the applicable state Board of Nursing. A "Certificate to Prescribe" is also required. BLS Healthcare Provider required. PA: Must have Prescriptive authority or eligible to apply for licensure to prescribe from the State Medical Board within the first 6 months of hiring. If candidate has held a license to prescribe within another jurisdiction and needs to obtain a Master's degree in order to apply for CT prescribe from the applicable state, the candidate will be subject for review for eligibility for hiring within our system. Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Demonstrated competency and the ability to perform advanced assessment, diagnosis, treatment plan development and invasive procedures as per clinical privileges.