Securely connects you to portions of your medical record:
Online second opinions from top specialists:
Securely request a copy of your Images Studies from our Images Library:
Enter the first letters of a doctor's last name.
Use filters to find the right specialist.
Use filters to find a doctor in a particular department.
Use filters to find any doctor at a particular facility.
Use filters to find a family doctor, internist or pediatrician.
Use filters to find a primary care pediatrician or pediatric specialist.
Print a directory listing of all physicians for each institute.
Date: Nov 11, 2013
Location: Weston, FL
Hospital: Cleveland Clinic Florida
Facility: Cleveland Clinic Florida
Professional Area: Allied Health
Department: UTILIZATION AND QUALITY ASSUR
Job Code: 000149
Pay Grade: 14
Schedule: Part Time less than 40 hours
Social Worker with a Master's degree. Possesses skill to complete comprehensive, culturally competent assessments which include consideration of the relevant biomedical, psychosocial and spiritual factors of the needs of the patient and family. Possesses excellent interpersonal communication and negotiation skills in interactions with patients, families, physicians and health care team colleagues, both verbally and in writing. Possesses basic computer skills. Demonstrates patience and tact when dealing with patients, families and other staff. Demonstrates commitment to the process and the Behavioral Expectations in all interactions and in performing all job duties.
A. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Must possess strong organizational and prioritization skills and demonstrated leadership skills. Excellent communication skills adaptable to individual levels of understanding.
* Critical thinking, problem solving and deductive reasoning skills.
* Must be dependable, self-directed, and pleasant.
* Must be able to participate collaboratively with all members of the care team.
* Adaptable and flexible to meet patient/family, department and facility needs.
* Basic computer skills with familiarity with Windows based software programs.
* Experience in crisis intervention, psychosocial and therapeutic counseling.
* Knowledge of acute care regulatory/accreditation requirements preferred.
* Experience in utilization management, managed care, quality and payor issues.
A. Required Length and Type of Experience
- Minimum of one year of clinical experience required.
- Minimum of two years experience in hospital/healthcare Social Work preferred.
B. Required Licensure, Certification or Registry
State Licensed Social Worker preferred.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Demonstrates the knowledge and ability to care for age specific needs of the population served as measured by completion of mandatory training and direct observation by supervisor.
2. Demonstrates an understanding of illness/recovery and the impact on patients and families.
3. Responds to campus wide referrals same working day.
4. Identifies significant psychosocial issues: Implements appropriate social service interventions and continuing care options through the process of data collection, data analysis and implementation of a care plan based on identified needs.
5. Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to ensure continuity of care and comprehensive patient services to maximize the effectiveness of social service interventions.
6. Develops and sustains positive working relationship with patients, families, physicians, nurses and ancillary personnel to promote open communications.
7. Acts as a resource to patients, families, physicians, and staff regarding internal/external resources.
8. Initiates team conferences to facilitate discussion/consensus regarding complex cases.
9. Uses crisis intervention techniques to calm, comfort and stabilize patient/families under stress.
10. Utilizes knowledge to coordinate realistic referrals and continuing care plans to meet the needs, age, and health status of the patient.
1. Informs the patients, families and anyone accountable for the continuing care of the patient of their role and responsibilities relating to the continuing care plan.
2. Utilizes appropriate clinical intervention skills to assist patient, families, and staff with their abilities to cope based on assessed needs.
3. Documents on CM progress notes, multidisciplinary problem list and interdisciplinary education records to provide clear, concise record of social work services and interventions
4. Facilitates/coordinates timely transfer and discharge of patients with complex needs.
5. Facilitates/coordinates inpatient and outpatient dialysis arrangements.
6. In collaboration with the clinical and medical staff discloses medical errors to patients and families in accordance with existing patient safety plan and disclosure policy.
7. Assists in developing and maintaining the electronic case management resource manual
8. Acts as a campus wide resource regarding the Baker Act. Attends to represent CCF @ the Broward County Baker Act Task force meeting.
9. Other duties as assigned
CCF ORGANIZATIONAL-WIDE COMPETENCY ASSESSMENT REQUIREMENTS:
All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
NOTE:The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
D. Required Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires frequent walking from department to department: require sitting at a work-station or desk; requires standing; work may include occasional publishing and/or pulling, lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 20 lb such as files, documents and computer printouts. Work requires finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination to operate a computer keyboard at a moderate skill level.